The Chaparral District serves Martin and Midland counties.
District Chairman – Larry Matschull – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 432-889-0019
District Commissioner – Gary Simmons – Email: email@example.com 432-689-3359
District Director – Scott Britton – Email: Scott.Britton@Scouting.org 432-553-3668
District Committee meets on the first Thursday of each month. The meeting is from 6:00pm to 6:45 at the Midland Scout office.
District Commissioners meets on the first Thursday of Each month. The meeting is from 7:00pm to 8:00 at the Midland Scout office.
Order of the Arrow, Chaparral Chapter will be meeting on the second Thursday of each month. The meeting is from 6:30 – 7:30 pm at the Thompson House, 3100 W Louisiana Ave., Midland 79701
The march meeting begins NEW meeting place at St Luke's Thompson House 3100 W. Louisiana St at 6:30 - 7:30 PM
Chapter Chief - Sam Fields
Chapter Advisor - Doug Lunsford
District Cub Roundtable
- March 8
- April 12
- May 10
- Aug 9
- No meeting June and July
- Sep 13
- Oct 11
- Nov 8
- Dec 13
meets on the second Thursday of each month at the Midland Scout Service Center 7:00-8:00pm.Den Leaders this is a Great Training opportunity for you to get some ideas for your next month’s program.
District Boy Scout and Venturing Roundtables
meet on the second Thursday of each month excluding June & July 7:00-8:00pm. This meeting is at the First Presbyterian Church at 7:00pm. The church is located at 800 W. Texas Ave.
Note: Any changes due to holidays will be announced on this website, at roundtables, in the tracks and in any mailings to district committee members.
Roundtables meet together in December for annual Christmas Party at the Midland Scout Service Center, 1101 W. Texas, at 7:00pm.
Upcoming District Events & Important Dates
- Cub Scout Segment Program – The Cub Scout Committee of the Buffalo Trail Council is excited to announce and launch a brand new recognition program for council Cub Scouts! Your boys can earn a variety of exciting new patch segments by participating in a variety of activities sponsored by your Pack. Everything from ranks earned to fire safety and from horseback riding to popcorn sales, there is an award to be earned! These segments can be sewn around a center patch (pictured) so boys can be proud to show their accomplishments. For more information and pictures of all of the segments, please download this announcement.
- PAY ONLINE – To pay for any Buffalo Trail Council event online, please use the following link. This will allow you to pay any fees associated with the event via check or credit card, through our secure online payment system. Remember, you must turn in the individual registration forms to the event! Just mark “Paid Online” on the form and email, fax, or mail your registration form in to get on the list for the event. Thank you!
- Gold Star Recognition Program for units. Learn about how your Pack or Troop can earn FREE advancement badges by participating in the Family Friends of Scouting Campaign! Click here to learn more about this program.
- Chaparrral District Events, 2012
- Pack 28, Stanton, Texas visits NASA!
2011 Journey to Excellence Award