Lone Star District
The Lone Star District serves Borden, Glasscock, Howard, Mitchell, Scurry and Sterling counties.
District Chair: Marcus Fernandez (email@example.com)
District Commissioner: Shannon Duncan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
District Executive Brian Sweeney –email Brian.Sweeney@Scouting.org
Regular Meeting Schedule
District Committee Meetings — First Thursday of each month, 12:00 noon (except June and July). Location is always going to be the Big Spring Service Center unless otherwise announced. Please RSVP to Brian Sweeney at the Big Spring office at 432-212-3577, or call to get further details.
District Commissioner Meetings — 1st Thursday of each month (except June and July) at 7:00pm at the Big Spring Service Center.
District Roundtables — All Cub Scout, Boy Scout, and Venturing Adult Leaders invited: :
- Big Spring—1st Thursday of each month (except June and July) at 7:00pm at the Big Spring Service Center.
- Snyder—2nd Thursday of each month (except June and July) at 5:30pm at Snyder Lanes Bowling Alley.
OA Chapter meeting 1st Thursday of each month (except June and July) at 7:00pm at the Big Spring Service Center.
Holidays may cause these meetings to be the week before or after so keep in touch and watch the mail for reminders etc.
Upcoming District Events & Important Dates
- NEW – Cub Scout Segment Program – The Cub Scout Committee of the Buffalo Trail Council is excited to announce and launch a brand new recognition program for council Cub Scouts! Your boys can earn a variety of exciting new patch segments by participating in a variety of activities sponsored by your Pack. Everything from ranks earned to fire safety and from horseback riding to popcorn sales, there is an award to be earned! These segments can be sewn around a center patch (pictured) so boys can be proud to show their accomplishments. For more information and pictures of all of the segments, please download this announcement.
- PAY ONLINE – To pay for any Buffalo Trail Council event online, please use the following link. This will allow you to pay any fees associated with the event via check or credit card, through our secure online payment system. Remember, you must turn in the individual registration forms to the event! Just mark “Paid Online” on the form and email, fax, or mail your registration form in to get on the list for the event. Thank you!
- Gold Star Recognition Program for units. Learn about how your Pack or Troop can earn FREE advancement badges by participating in the Family Friends of Scouting Campaign! Click here to learn more about this program.
Lone Star District Camporee - Check out the photos from the spring Lone Star District Camporee! The first camporee to be held in many years was a great success thanks to Ricky Sneed, Big Spring State Park, the staff who helped with the event and all of the Scouts that participated! Thanks for your efforts and make plans to attend the fall camporee!
Brand new sign at Big Spring Satellite Office: